Adults acquiring Digital Skills
- Programme: Erasmus+
- Project number: 2015-1-FI01-KA204-008965
- Project period: 01/09/2015 – 31/08/2017
- Contractor: Tampere Adult Education Foundation (TAKK), Finland; www.takk.fi
- Target group(s): Trainers in adult education; adult learners with low levels of digital competence
The objective of this project is to enhance the digital competence of trainers and their access to methods of teaching digital competence. The project collects and develops methods adapted to adult learning which allow the development of various aspects of digital skills in adult learners, and which are suitable for being embedded in most types of adult education. One result of the project will also be the establishment of an on-going international collaborative platform for the exchange and dissemination of methods and training tools.
The novelty of Digi4Adults is the adoption of a wider definition of digital competence which comprises the five areas of information, communication, content creation, safety, and problem solving (Digital Competence model of Anusca Ferrari). Further, the methods developed will be suitable for "content and digital competence integrated learning", in analogy to the content and language integrated learning (CLIL) approach. Finally, the project will be piloting a peer learning methodology for the involved trainers in order to address organisational level knowledge management challenges.
June 2016 update:
Digi4Adult now has its own blog on EPALE: https://ec.europa.eu/epale/en/blog/content-and-digital-competence-integrated-learning-cdcil-new-way-developing-digital-skills
- VUC Storstrøm, Denmark, www.vucstor.dk
- Sundsvalls Kommun, Sweden, www.sundsvall.se
- CEPA San Bartolome de Trajana, Spain