- Analysis of language from a learner's point of view
- Internationally recognised methods and techniques
- Development of language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing)
- Presentation and practice of language items in meaningful context
- Lesson planning and course design
- Observed teaching practice with two levels of students followed by feedback from experienced tutors approved by the University of Cambridge
- Observation of experienced teachers in the classroom
Trainees completing the requirements are rewarded an internationally recognised certificate in teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults.