During the hands-on input sessions, you'll learn about teaching methodology and brush up on your language awareness, among other things. Teaching practice gives you a chance to create lesson plans and try out teaching approaches with real students. You'll get a significant amount of support from your tutors who are here to help you on your path to becoming a certified English Language Teacher.
- The general principles and techniques of teaching and learning foreign languages
- The English language: linguistic form, function, meaning and phonology
- Analysing the English language for teaching purposes
- Teaching and learning skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Class management, group work and individual work, learner motivation
- Class techniques, presentation, practice, checking understanding, error analysis
- Lesson planning, course planning, timetables and syllabuses
- Teaching materials, textbooks, supplementary materials
- Classroom aids and equipment, visual aids
- Homework and self-study, testing and grading, examinations in English
Trainees completing the requirements are rewarded an internationally recognised certificate in teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults.
- Materials, course assignments and interactive components are accessible on our e-learning platform and serve to enhance the trainee's learning experience.